This was my first experience getting quite a large gum tree selectively pruned and balanced, my gazebo is no longer at risk of bad damage during a storm, the tree looks great, all dead wood plus large over hanging branches attended to, the name Professional is spot on with this company, Glenn keeps in touch during the whole process, Michael gave me answers to all my questions and is a master at which branches need to be addressed, I made a great choice in employing this team and would definitely recommend them, and an added bonus is that these men took extra care with the garden underneath, the clean up, great, not a scrap of debris in my yard, thanks guys...
Excellent job, quick clean and professional removal of palms and trees and stump grinding, would use Glenn again. Thoroughly recommend to anyone. We have used Glenn on numerous occasions over many years. Professional Tree Works says it all, every job we have had done has been carried out in a professional, safe and expert manner. From palm removals, large tree removals to garden cleanups, stump grinding we have had it done. We would thoroughly recommend Glenn from Professional Tree Works, he is so easy to deal with. They do a great job of cleaning up after the work is done, all rubbish is removed from site and left neat and tidy. Oh and another good thing he does return your calls and can be relied upon to do a great job.
Nothing but professionalism displayed by Glenn & his team. Pro Tree Works has all the equipment to carry out any job. Glenn was in constant communication the entire project with updates until completion in addition with a final inspection ensuring customer satisfaction. Cannot say you receive that level of service from many contractors these days. Price was extremely competitive also. Would highly recommend.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Great price, fantastic customer service and job is perfect 🙂 would definitely suggest to any and all people who are wanting the job done for an affordable price and by a friendly crew. Thanks Glenn and team.
We gave Glenn a call due to various concerns we have with a Pandanas and Ponciana at our property. He was very professional, knowledgeable and willing to provide his time to review photos and discuss intially over the phone. We feel very comfortable following his advice as he clearly knows his trees. Five star recommendation for quality service and we will be using Professional Tree Works for all our future tree needs!
TIM & JESS DAVOREN
review rating 5 Glenn and his team are timely, cost effective and professional. I jumped online to there website and sent through the details of the job I needed done on the obligation free quote. Professional Tree Works called me back within 20mins and gave me an estimate price of the job which was by far the cheapest of the 3 companies that I had contacted prior. Glenn was extremely efficient, he came 2 days later and the job was done to perfection. I didn't even need to be home for the work to be done Thanks to Glenn and his team for a excellent job.
I had Glenn and his team come out and take out some palm's. They were professional, clean and had all the gear.Price was reasonable, I had quoted around and was messed around by a few of the other local companies, With Glenn it was easy, I just sent him a few photos of the job and he was able to quote from that. If you are after a good price and professional workmanship these are your guys .
We had a very large & dead Gum tree in a small court yard, a job that most companies would not want to take on. Glen & the team were able to climb & remove this tree with ease, there price was very fair & there professional service from start to finish was 10 out of 10. We would highly recommend them to everyone.
I requested a quote from Glenn to remove 2 palm trees from my back courtyard. Not only did the quote come in fast and at a very reasonable price, but we locked in the job within the day and by the next day the palm trees were gone. Glenn and his team were on time, incredibly capable and did the job efficiently and promptly. They ensured the trees were removed properly and they also cleaned up the entire yard before leaving. They were courteous and made sure I knew what they were doing before they began the process. I highly recommend Glenn and his team for any work. They are excellent.
Glenn and his crew arrive on time and ready to work. They are professional in their work and when dealing with customers. The arborists are fully trained professionals and are extremely respectful of surrounding gardens and trees. The crew clean up the mess as they go and have even cleaned my pool! Have used Glenn and his crew for 15 years and can't recommend them highly enough.
WE ARE OFFICIALLY THE BEST TREE REMOVALISTS GOLD COAST!
We are very proud to announce that Professional Tree Works were awarded 'Best Full-Time Arboriculture Business - tree trimming Gold Coast' at the recent 2021 AI Global Media Corporate Vision Small Business Awards.
We are a friendly and professional tree removal company, located on the Gold Coast. Our range of services includes tree lopping, stump grinding and mulching and more, providing a full suite of services.
Contact our team now to organise a free quote from the #1 Arborist Gold Coast!
Why Choose Us For Tree Removal?
Our arborists provide you with the information and guidance you need to make informed decisions about your trees. They help you understand the full picture and give accurate advice.
We want you to feel confident and reassured when you encounter our team for the first time. You can trust us to provide quality service on the Gold Coast that's unmatched by other companies.
We're dedicated to providing prompt, reliable, and courteous service. We arrive on time and we finish the job with care and respect for your property.
All trees may require different treatment and methods.
Consider getting an expert to assess your situation and determine the best course of action.
Save Yourself The Hassle.
Gold Coast tree removal is demanding and time-consuming, especially when you don’t have professional tools at your service. Instead of focusing on your work or simply enjoying your free time, you will spend several hours doing hard and dangerous work.
Gold Coast Council Tree Removal Application Guide
If you want to remove trees on the Gold Coast then you need to receive council approval.
The reason is simple, the Vegetation Management Code handles the tree and vegetation preservation within the city. We love trees and it would be terrible if everyone decided to cut down all of the trees on their property. The idea is to protect all vegetation found in private as well as freehold lands. Tree removal in Gold Coast is possible only if you get council approval, and it’s a good idea to understand what that includes. If you are unsure if you need a permit, keep on reading or you can give us a call and we will happily help you.
Gold Coast Council approval to cut down trees on your own property
Council Tree Removal is possible whenever you need to damage or remove any protected vegetation. As long as you send the application and it’s approved, you will have no problem completing this process as fast as possible. Alternatively, once you have your application approved, you can contact us for your tree removal needs. That being said, there are some things to keep in mind here. The tree location, size, and condition are pivotal for this entire process.
It’s also important to know some other factors here such as the tree species, its height, and the trunk circumference, as well as the distance from your home or any other structure out there. Every little detail counts here. Trees can be dangerous if proper precautions are not used. If there are any dead branches, that could potentially fall and harm someone, it is important to take proper action.
The following vegetation and tree removal checklist provide guidance where vegetation damage will be considered accepted development which can be undertaken without the City’s approval and does not require an application for Operational Works (Vegetation Clearing), or in other words an application to remove or damage the vegetation. Residents must note that any vegetation clearing must not result in harm to native wildlife. Where native wildlife is present in vegetation to be removed, it is recommended that a licensed spotter catcher be employed to oversee the removal works.
Gold Coast Vegetation and Tree removal Application checklist
- Previously approved Landscape Plan over your property
- Damage/removal of vegetation along an existing property boundary fence, or a proposed new fence.
- Damage/removal of vegetation that is close to a building?
- Damage/Removal of vegetation that is close to my pool fence?
- Removal/damage of vegetation that is part of the native under storey?
- Does the vegetation require removal because it is interfering with the lawful operation of an established agricultural business or animal husbandry business?
- Is the tree hazardous and/or dangerous?
- Does the vegetation fit within the Pest Species definition?
Gold Coast Tree removal permit assessment
You will need a permit if you answer yes to any of the following questions, the appropriate application will be required to be submitted to the City for assessment.
- Is the vegetation greater than 4 metres in height; or
- Is the vegetation equal to, or in excess of 40 centimetres in girth (circumference) measured at 1.4 metres above the ground level; or
- Is the vegetation remnant vegetation and its native under-storey as identified on the Vegetation Management Overlay Map; or
- Is the vegetation disturbed/re-growth/wetland vegetation and its native under-storey as identified on the Vegetation Management Overlay Map
Once you know the type of tree you are working with and the reason why you need it removed, it’s important to understand the gold coast city council tree preservation document. Every neighbourhood and region comes with its own set of rules when it comes to tree removal on the Gold Coast. The TPO will let you know if you really need to file the application or not, so try to keep that in mind if possible.
General Tree removal Tips
You need to make sure that the council tree removal application is complete, otherwise, it will not be accepted. If you need to submit anything else, that will cost extra. .Again, working with a professional is the right approach because you can access all the necessary services and spend much less than you would imagine.
Normally the council will require you to plant another tree once you remove a tree from your property. A good arborist will be able to provide you with proper assistance in such a situation. The idea is to know exactly what you are getting into and focus on getting the best results. Our company offers outstanding tree removal services, so if you have a council approval, you should consider getting in touch with us. We are always here to help, and we offer high-quality services at a very good price!
Here are some more Tree Council Applications & Resources to assist you
The below resources will assist you in Tree Council Applications and many other resources to help you plan and execute your tree services requirements. Tree Clearing applications start at $240 for 1-30 Trees (see Information Sheet Prices) and need to be submitted to:
PO Box 5042
Gold Coast MC
Ph 1300 465 326
Please download any of these documents you like and contact us for any additional information.
Gold Coast City Council Guidelines for Tree Removal and Damage (Clearer explanation below)
When is council approval required for tree removal?
- If your lot size is less than 4000m2 and the tree is more than 1.5m* from the boundary of your property you need council approval.
- If your lot size is between 4000m2 and 7999m2 and the tree is more than 3m* from the boundary of your property you need council approval.
- If your lot size is more than 7999m2 and the tree is more than 6m* from the boundary of your property you need council approval.
*Measured from the CENTRE of the tree
- If your lot size is less than 8000m2 and the tree is more than 3m* from a building you need council approval.
- If your lot size is 8000m2 or larger and the tree is more than 10m* from a building you need council approval.
*Measured from the CENTRE of the tree
If the tree is more than 1.5m* from a pool fence you need council approval.
*Measured from the CENTRE of the tree
- If the tree is NOT defined as a prohibited or restricted invasive biosecurity matter under the Queensland Biosecurity Act 2014 you will need council approval.*
- If the tree is NOT one of the following plant species, you will need council approval:*
- Cocos Palm (Syagrus romanzoffiana)
- Coral Tree (Erythrina variegata, Erythrina crista-galli & Erythrinasykesii)
- Cadaghi (Corymbia torelliana)
- Slash Pine (Pinus elliotii)
- Umbrella Tree (Schefflera actinophylla)
*Must be determined by an authorised Level 3 Arborist
- If the tree is NOT potentially hazardous to dwellings, persons, or surrounding property you will need council approval.*
*Must be assessed by an authorised Level 5 Arborist
If no approved Bushfire Management Plan exists for the site; and the site is located in a Bushfire Hazard Area as identified on Bushfire Hazard Overlay Map, removal to assessable vegetation is permitted if it is:
- within 10m of the dwelling house (inner zone),
- native understorey vegetation (including any branches less than 2m above ground level) for a further 10m (outer zone); and
- located on a sloping site, the outer zone can be increased by:
- a maximum of 1 metre for every degree of slope, down slope of the dwelling house;
- a maximum of half a metre for every degree of slope, upslope of the dwelling house.
- If the tree is on lawfully established agricultural land and within 60m of the high bank of a major waterway you need council approval.
- If the tree is on lawfully established agricultural land and within 30m of the high bank of all other waterways identified on the Environmental significance – wetlands and waterways overlay map you need council approval.
- If the tree is on land that has a slope of less than 25% you will need council approval.
- If the tree is native, located under the shade of larger trees and your lot size is 1000m2 or more you will need council approval.
'Damage' = lopping, trimming, stump grinding, and removing trees.
Damage to assessable vegetation will NOT occur in areas where the vegetation:
- Provides habitats for threatened plants and animals
- The tree is of historical, cultural or visual significance
- Protects against erosion and provides stability for slopes
- The Tree is necessary to maintain the character of the local area
- The Tree assists in the conservation of the city's biodiversity.
WHY CHOOSE OUR TREE REMOVAL GOLD COAST SERVICES?
Our professional tree removal Gold Coast services, come with a strict Safe Work method Statement and a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) conducted at every job site prior to works commencing, minimising any potential damage to property of injury to any persons (both the client and/or team members).
- Professional Tree Works Pty Ltd operates strictly in accordance with workplace health and safety regulations.
- Specialist tree works include service to Body Corporate, authorities, organisations, commerce and industry.
- Rural or residential problem trees and storm damage specialists.